Junction Support Services is proud to support Homelessness Week, 3-10 August) 2020, and urge the community to support the Everybody’s Home national campaign.
It’ll take a couple of minutes for you to add your name to the Everybody’s Home petition to Prime Minister Scott Morrison and Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese.
By adding your name, you’re adding your voice to the Everybody’s Home campaign for the following:
1. Support for first home buyers (to free up the rental market)
2. A national housing strategy (that includes building 500,000 new low cost rentals)
3. Better deals for renters (so they can stay in their homes)
4. Immediate relief for Australians in chronic rental stress (an increase in financial assistance)
5. A plan to end homelessness by 2030 (halve it in 5 years, end it in 10)
To find out more, visit everybodyshome.com.au
Since 1989, Junction has assisted people who are experiencing and at risk of homelessness.
We know that “housing first” works.
When people have safe and secure accommodation they are more likely and able to address factors in their lives that are preventing them from achieving positive outcomes, such as education, caring for their children and reducing the risk of entering the criminal justice system.
In the year from January 2019 to January 2020, we supported almost 1000 people who were experiencing or at risk of homelessness in north-east Victoria.
You can support that work by donating here givenow.com.au/junctionsupportservices